Meet Pepper - father of our black and white puppies - here 3 months old himself
Havanese Puppies are friendly with other animals: other dogs, cats, rabbits
Pepper - Daddy
Pepper - very healthy - never got sick, cool behavior, inborn class elegance and very intelligent
walks heal without leash and training trimmed hair for the summer
And these are Pepper's babies before
Havanese Puppies are friendly with other animals: other dogs, cats, rabbits
Havanese breed is very unique. Originally from Europe: Mediterranean area, brought to Cuba by Spanish aristocracy as their favorite lap dogs. During revolution in 60's only 11 Havanese dogs survived and were brought to US were new breeders carefully revived a Havanese breed so there are many descendants of those 11 Havanese dogs in both Americas as well in Europe and in every other part of the world. AKC recognized that breed in early 80's.
Havanese dogs are the only dogs that change color of their coat while growing up. All possible colors of coats: from creamy white, gold, sable, sable red, light to dark chocolate, silver and all possible combinations of these colors. Black puppies often turn to silver, silver white, or gold and silver. Light chocolate may become creamy white and some apricot and golden hair may change into darker red.
Getting ready for the show Puppies eat 3 times a day
Our Havanese Female Figa was all black until she was 6 months old
started to change her coat to light silver
Havanese dogs are hypoallergenic and do not shed what is truly wonderful if you keep a few in your house. They need brushing every day to avoid tangles in their light hair and to remove any loose hair.
IS HAVANESE PUPPY RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME?
Go get a new Havanese puppy if you are:
- looking for a small size dog (grow up to 17 pounds the biggest)
- fit to your apartment living style
- go only for short walks (30 min a day is good enough for Havanese)
- gentle with children
- want to have a friendly dog towards other dogs cats bunnies
- love to teach your puppy new tricks have fun playing with
- want a dog that barks only if somebody comes to the door
Do NOT get a Havanese dog if you:
- work long hours and have nobody at home all days (your puppy will be very anxious left alone at home may cry all the time even get very sick
- travel a lot staying away for days weeks or even worse months (even if watched by somebody else your puppy will simply hate you for being away so often)
Coats are from straight to wavy and to curly. It is a double coat to protect them from hot tropic sun.
Havanese dogs belong to a small group of dogs under 20 pounds. They are not tiny, thou. By AKC placed in a Toy Breed Group in 1996. They are strong, sturdy, and with many less health problems than their Bichon group cousins.
Other Toy Group breeds: Maltese, Yorkshire Terrier, Silky Terrier, Bichon Frise, Shih Tzu, Pomeranian, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Chihuahua, Pug, Pappilon, Miniature Pinscher, Coton de Tulear, Pekingese, Toy Fox Terrier, Toy Puddle and more.
Not all are hypoallergenic: best for allergic kids and the most popular are:
Havanese, Coton de Tulear, Maltese, Toy Puddle, Shih Tzu, Bichon Frise, Yorkshire terrier
Havanese female usually weights between 11 and 13 pounds, and male 12 and 16 pounds. Sometimes there are very small Havanese dogs, under 10 pounds, and sometimes bigger growing up to 18 pounds.
Great for children, love to play, energetic, affectionate, and watch your baby while sleeping.
Always teach children how to take care of their Havanese puppies.
Never give sweets to them!
Other Breed Names: Bichon Habanero, Havanese Cuban Bichon, Bichon Havanais, Bichon Havanês
Life Span: long 14 - 16 years
Temperament: affectionate companionable gentle intelligent playful
easy to train also may be trained as assistance dogs
Easy Training: The Havanese is eager to please, but positive reinforcement works best. They used to appear in circus funny acts - it is attributed to their eagerness to please us well as their high level of intelligence
There are two special names for Havanese puppies.
- Velcro dogs – named that way because they stick to your site at all the times, great companions, get anxiety if left alone to much, not good fit for a family where everybody is gone all days or even worse travel and stay out of town a lot
- Clown dogs – they are funny, entertaining, love attention, used to perform in circus in old days They learn tricks easily just to please their owner, and have fun together
Potty training shall be fairly easy if done right!
Havanese puppies are NOT to be kept in crate locked all day and night long. They develop a stubborn trait then, and may become unteachable for a long time.
Not so good - feels more like punishment - nothing to do
Much better when it is their "home" they have place to sleep place to eat and play even with you, and a place for potty training pads
It does not have to be that big if you do not have a space but a similar set up with food, toys, intelligence training toys to keep your puppy occupied for long hours
Also in style today are food dipensing toys which can be filled with delicious small treats dry or wet food, it can be also frozen food
Your puppy will develop his brain more trying to figure out how to get his food out - some needs to be moved around, some press in the right places, move pieces out or slide them to find hidden food
3 best benefits of using food dispensing toys for your puppy:
- Promotes slow eating what helps for healthy stomach
- Stops puppy from whining crying or chewing on wrong things like your shoes
- It is a toy and fun for hours
- Develops puppy brain and teach him intelligent behavior
- Keep puppy occupied and happy while potty training
Always come back to his own safe and clean comfortable space to drink water to eat to play with toys and to sleep (daytime naps or long goodnight sleep)
So even later when wondering around the house and the door to their space is left opened at all the time they will always return on their own to eat to drink sleep and to potty
And that is your main goal for training your puppy in first few weeks
You can also use a special spray to attract them more to the same spot for potty Placing a water feeder and a bowl next to training pad works the best
If "accident" happens in some other spot in the house always clean it right away and remove smell so puppy does not come back to the wrong spot instead
Havanese learn best if positively rewarded with words such as “good girl”, “good boy”, and with small delicious treats. Best baked at home with delicious fruits (banana, berries,apple), pieces of bacon, liver pasta. Great to use with food dispensing toys to keep puppy occupied in the playpen area for a longer time.
Large playpen for more than one puppy:
- Place to sleep with soft bedding and a Teddy bear to snuggle close to
– best setup a safe covered place to sleep
– dogs are “cavers” dog type: like a hide out while sleeping or feeling a bit under the weather
- b) potty training pads next to food and water bowls - in the beginning larger area covered with training pads
Best bake your own treats - they can be an excellent reward in potty training as well obedience training Add nutrients some fruits some veggies some ground meat and of course flour and eggs
Simple Recipe for delicious treats:
Basic dog biscuits
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat flour (substitute regular flour or oats if your dog is sensitive to wheat)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Beef or chicken Bouillon granules (can substitute beef or chicken broth/stock)
- ½ cup hot water
- Optional: Add bacon, oats, liver powder, shredded cheese, bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll dough until ½ inch thick
- Cut into slices or bone shapes (you can purchase a bone shaped cookie cutter to make shapes with)
- Place dough pieces on lightly greased cookie sheet
- Cook for 30 minutes
Place it on cookie dry sheet or rack to cool down
Offer as a reward for positive behavior
Other great ingriedents are bananas, water melon for hot days popsicles apple souce (helps repel insects) peanut butter pumpkin other fruits like peaches or pears - just plan it well so there isn't too much calories
More about training your puppy Havanese
Always close the playpen for the night and when puppy left alone at home so your puppy never get lost, wonder out of the house, bite any shoes, cables, furniture.
When at home, you may let puppy to walk around the house, play with kids or other toys, remember to play a puppy inside play pen for potty from time to time. Our goal is to create a habit – puppy alwys runs there for potty. Gate door must remain always opened.
We teach our puppies also go to the designated spot in the backyard. With treat rewards plus using a special spray which attracts puppy to go there spot.
Easy train your Havanese puppy – the key is:
Your Puppy Feels Safe
- Feels being loved
- Thinks he/she is so smart by getting voice and treat prizes
- Loves his own little space!
- Than will always return there to potty, to sleep, to play with toys
ALL PUPPIES ADOPTION FEE IS FROM $250 AND UP - SOME ARE MORE SPECIAL
Some puppies already went to their new homes - Good luck!
available female has also white paws - really cute
1 boy and 1 girl with golden eye rims this one is the smallest and funny so cute girl
Our 3 color girl Chocolate Gorgeous shiny coats some with gold streaks
black and white
4 white paws belly tip of tail
Some puppies are already getting their faces silver white
More puppies - pictures coming soon..
Parents (in pictures above) belong to us and in a perfect health condition - never got sick at all
Our Havanese have beautiful soft skin pure white or pink and nice wavy soft hair (double coat)
We feed them naturally - they eat raw beef bones plus home cooking meals chicken pork cooked with different types of veggies: carrots green beans beetroot tops and other
Home baked treats with more vitamins and minerals for a balanced healthy diet
More Info and pictures in Next Part soon..
Thank You for Visiting our site - we love all of our dogs and puppies want them to be happy in their new home
Here is our appreciation little pay only shipping Free Gift for your new puppy - you may use it also for your other puppy or dog All Small sizes are free, medium and large dogs sizes available for a low discounted price
Codes are legible for all account holders
No Account Yet? No problem! Create account on our home page
Also Earn 100 Yogi Reward Points for future discount
Apply at checkout Codes: MyFreePuppyGift FreePuppyCollar
Other Recommended cute items for your puppies dogs or cats in our store:
Pet Safety Devices
Tiny GPS -attach to collar - get alerts on your phone if lost find on map
Can be also great for kids your wallet car keys luggage
USB chargable LED light at night pet puppy safety collar
3 days only!
Puppy Dog Training Devices
Automatically retractable long leash for puppy to run or easily block it to stop your puppy close to you
Clicker for teaching your puppy commands and tricks with elastic hand band
plus high pitch whistle (only animals can hear it) to call your running pet back) with lanyard for your neck
Best training staff carry bag - attachable to belt carry waste bags treats water bottle plus zipped pocket for keys phone
and something for you or your girl lady
Share this post
- Tags: All about Havanese puppies, Can my puppy learn tricks?, Food dispensing toys, How to potty train a Havanese, Is Havanese good for an apartment living?, What your Havanese puppy needs?